Couldn’t work out this morning because I am babysitting my little munchkin…made him puréed organic apples and now he’s doing the happy baby pose lol I think he’s a future fitblr
Here are 12 yoga poses to help open your hips. Heidi Kristoffer recommends that you pick any five of these openers each day, switching them up each time. Hold each pose for about 30 seconds each, take deep breaths, and you will start to feel more open. For more details on each pose check out the original post at Shape.com.
So today I went to my first real bikram class. I got there early and laid on my mat absorbing the heat and thinking to myself “wtf did I get myself into?”. Soon after the class started… it was really hard. Most of the people in my class were advanced and knew exactly what they were doing, unlike me. I stumbled and had to take a lot of breaks and sips of gatorade to keep from feeling dizzy. It was
embarrassing humbling. Though it was extremely hard I felt great afterwards. I felt refreshed and accomplished. I want to go back and start doing it regularly. I want to be able to get all the health benefits of it and prove to myself that I can do it. It is going to be hard but it will be worth it.
Ah I am going to a new Bikram studio in about an hour. I did “hot yoga” once but it wasnt bikram and the room was only like 80 degrees. I am so nervous about going! Mostly about looking like a fool or passing out. I have consumed 1.5 liters this morning so hopefully I am hydrated enough. Do you have any experience/advice with Bikram yoga? I would love to get your input!
Holiday Fitness Giveaway!
I am so excited to finally be doing this after so much planning! I am go grateful for all of you that inspire, motivate and support me daily and this is my way of expressing it.
- Gaiam Pilates Sculpting Ball and Workout DVD.
- Gaiam 6ft Yoga Strap
- Gaiam Gym Bag with Yoga Mat Holder
- And last but not least my Fitbit Ultra.
*Everything except the Fitbit is new. I will be getting the Fitbit One which is why I am giving this one away. It is in excellent condition.
- To enter you must reblog this. You can reblog as many times as you like but please please don’t spam your followers or me.
- You must be following me fitnessfoodfabulous.tumblr.com
- You must be a healthy blog. If you post anything promoting any type of unhealthy activity you will be disqualified.
- You must be living in the United States, sorry but international shipping is way too expensive.
- This will end on January 31, 2013.
- I will select a random winner using a selection generator.
Feel free to message me with any questions and good luck!
So with finals this week my eating has been horrible! But thats okay because right now school and my mental health are my priorities and I honestly eating poorly for a few days wont ruin my progress. But over break (which starts monday) I am getting my behind back in shape, This is my plan:
1. Continue doing WW but plan out my weekly meals.
2. Run 3 times a week
3. Go to Bikram (hot) yoga twice a week
4. Get in at least 10000 steps daily
5. Increase my food intake to not put my body in starvation mode
6. Possibly incorporate 30 day shred nightly
7. Stay hydrated
Any other suggestions?
Yoga-ing at the beach on a misty day
Cannon Beach, Oregon
Cannon beach is my favorite beach ever.
Oregon and yoga in the same freaking picture <333
~The Hardest Part Is Staring…But It Will All Be Worth It~