My lunch today is delicious!
Salad: baby spinach & mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, honey roasted almonds, organic no sugar added craisins, cottage cheese, greek yogurt salsa ranch dressing.
and gingerade kombucha
Hey guys! I made this for you guys since a lot of you asked me for the calendar I have on my wall! I couldn’t get the same one so I made this! I put a smiley face on everyday that I stay on track and it helps me stay motivated
Heres the link to print it:
p.s the printable version doesnt have those arrows
I am going to be completely honest right now - I think I am addicted to fast food. I am a strong advocate for moderation but for me there are some things I cant be moderate about. I use to believe that if I ate cleanly most of the time it was okay to “treat” myself to some fast food but I cant. Once I have it it becomes this cycle where I just need more. I think about it late at night, I hide it in my purse so no one will know im eating it, I crave it constantly. I am so tempted right now to get in my car and go get some burger king or something. But I am not going to. I think for now it is best to completely cut that out of my life. I cant have it in moderation so I rather not have it at all.
I set a goal for myself and did not stop until I accomplished it
Running is popular because it is accessible to mostly anyone, you don’t need to have a gym membership to run! Plus it gives you great results. Getting into running isn’t a walk in the park though (haha get it?) however there are some things you can do to make running better for you.
- Eat an hour or so before working out, preferably something with complex carbs. This will help you keep energized during your run.
- Drink water through out the day or morning before you run. You dont want to become dehydrated while running.
- STRETCH. Make sure you stretch before hand so that you dont end up pulling anything. I like to do a short session of yoga before I go running because it is a good warm up and gets my muscles ready.
- Find a route or set a goal. If you plan on running outside find a route that you like, you can google your city and running paths. If you are running inside on treadmill then set a goal for yourself as to how much you want to walk/run.
- Listen to music that keeps you pumped up! this will make the time go by faster and its just fun lol.
- Set small goals. If I am running outside then I like to set small goals like “okay im going to run to that tree over there and not stop on the way” then I just focus on the tree and then take a break.
- Start off slow! you will not be able to run 3 miles non stop if this is the first time you run. Start off with a walk then run combo and increase your time every time you run.
- Cool down by walking.
- Keep hydrated.
- Stretch again.
Cool Things To Have as a Runner:
- Really good running shoes. You should always have good running shoes but sometimes its good to splurge a bit on shoes to motivate you to go out.
- A water bottle with a handle on it. I got mine at a sporting goods store. It allows me to strap the bottle to my hand so I can run easily with it.
- APPS! There are SO many cool apps for running! My favorite ones are: Zombies,Run! , C25K and map my run.
- ipod/phone armband. This keeps you from having to hold them in your hand.
- Fitbit or Heart Rate Monitor. These will help you see your progress.
So these are MY tips for new runners :) What are some of yours?
This video explain what a BMR is, how to calculate it and how much you should be eating :)
My first video!
Watch to learn about my health/weight loss journey!
Subscribe to me on youtube! my username is: fitnessfoodfabulous (sound familiar? lol)
I am uploading my first video now but here are some of the videos I have planned:
-Healthy grocery shopping
-Fitness product reviews
-myths vs. facts of losing weight
-Looking good at the gym
+whatever more suggestions I get!
I am going shopping! haha