I set a goal for myself and did not stop until I accomplished it
This little thing has honestly changed my life! (okay im being a bit dramatic)
But seriously its awesome!
I could never run in shorts before because I chaffed sooo bad in my thighs but this completely got rid of the chaffing! I also use it on my feet in places where I get blisters and I dont get blisters anymore!
So seriously if you workout & chafe you should get this!
Running is popular because it is accessible to mostly anyone, you don’t need to have a gym membership to run! Plus it gives you great results. Getting into running isn’t a walk in the park though (haha get it?) however there are some things you can do to make running better for you.
- Eat an hour or so before working out, preferably something with complex carbs. This will help you keep energized during your run.
- Drink water through out the day or morning before you run. You dont want to become dehydrated while running.
- STRETCH. Make sure you stretch before hand so that you dont end up pulling anything. I like to do a short session of yoga before I go running because it is a good warm up and gets my muscles ready.
- Find a route or set a goal. If you plan on running outside find a route that you like, you can google your city and running paths. If you are running inside on treadmill then set a goal for yourself as to how much you want to walk/run.
- Listen to music that keeps you pumped up! this will make the time go by faster and its just fun lol.
- Set small goals. If I am running outside then I like to set small goals like “okay im going to run to that tree over there and not stop on the way” then I just focus on the tree and then take a break.
- Start off slow! you will not be able to run 3 miles non stop if this is the first time you run. Start off with a walk then run combo and increase your time every time you run.
- Cool down by walking.
- Keep hydrated.
- Stretch again.
Cool Things To Have as a Runner:
- Really good running shoes. You should always have good running shoes but sometimes its good to splurge a bit on shoes to motivate you to go out.
- A water bottle with a handle on it. I got mine at a sporting goods store. It allows me to strap the bottle to my hand so I can run easily with it.
- APPS! There are SO many cool apps for running! My favorite ones are: Zombies,Run! , C25K and map my run.
- ipod/phone armband. This keeps you from having to hold them in your hand.
- Fitbit or Heart Rate Monitor. These will help you see your progress.
So these are MY tips for new runners :) What are some of yours?
Subscribe to me on youtube! my username is: fitnessfoodfabulous (sound familiar? lol)
I am uploading my first video now but here are some of the videos I have planned:
-Healthy grocery shopping
-Fitness product reviews
-myths vs. facts of losing weight
-Looking good at the gym
+whatever more suggestions I get!
I have a fitbit which I adore but I am thinking about also getting a HRM.. do you think its worth it? How do you like yours? Which would you recommend?
SEXY AB LINES VIDEO!!!
Give this workout a try and get prepared for results after just 2 weeks!
Use weights to challenge yourself!
While you are there PLEASE check out my other videos and PLEASE subscribe :)
Means alot when you subscribe to me!!
Follow my blog here as well!
LOVE YOU ALL! Keep tuned for more videos and my Spring Break Body Plan is coming soon! xoxo
Hallucigenia313 (sorry what’s your name omg), if you do this, I will too. SRSLY.
I have the attention span of a goldfish, I need things to keep me entertained and motivated, especially while running. Here are my favorite app that keep me motivated:
-Zombies, Run! This is like an interactive video game. You “start mission” when you start running and you hear a story being told, they send you off on missions and while you run you collect supplies which you can use to expand your city. There are also zombies that chase you so you need to out run them!
-C25K This is a training app that makes you go from “couch to 5k” it is 8 weeks and each week has 3 days. It will tell you when to walk and when to run.
-Earndit This is a website that you can sync up with different tracking devices and the more you walk/run the more points you earn. You can then redeem the points for cool prizes. Check it out here HTTP://EARND.IT/N9V7NB!
-Map my run This is a gps tracking app that shows you were you have run, how long and how many steps. It will also save your routes and create new ones for you
-FitBit Okay technically not just an app. But this superpedometer calculates your total calories burned for the day. stairs, steps, distance & sleep. The system also comes with a super cool tracking software.
I made this post a long long time ago when I had like 100 followers and for some reason I have forgotten to repost/make it again. I just got like 6 messages asking what it is and I am sure a lot of you have questions about it so here it goes:
Fitbit: Is basically a super pedometer. It has 3D…
Woo! Proud of myself :)
For anyone that is interested:
We all want a nice butt to make our skinny jeans look good. Try out this butt workout to tighten, tone and lift your butt!
20 Plie Squats
20 Donkey Kicks per side
20 Fire Hydrants per side
20 Circling Donkey Kick per side
30 Alternating Split Jumps
30 Alternating Sliders
30 Hips Lifts
20 Lunges Kicks per side
Do this 3x through for an awesome butt workout! I know your buns will be burning by the end of this